48th FIL World Championships in Winterberg as flagship event / Nine Viessmann World Cups
Oslo (RWH) The 48th World Championships of the International Luge Federation (FIL) in Winterberg, Hochsauerland, will be the flagship event of next season, which also features a total of nine Viessmann World Cup in six countries spread across two continents. The international federation’s sporting calendar for the post-Olympic season was confirmed by the executive board at the meeting in Oslo, Norway. It features nine events in the Viessmann Luge Weltcup, six races in the Viessmann Team Relay presented by BMW, and four races in the BMW Sprint Weltcup.
The 2018/2019 season begins in Innsbruck at the end of November and ends in the Russian city of Sochi on the last weekend in February. The World Championship titles will be decided from 25 – 27 January 2019 in Winterberg (GER). Following the season opener in Innsbruck (22 – 25 November 2018) there are three more events on the calendar before Christmas, all in North America (Whistler and Calgary (both CAN) and Lake Placid (USA)). In the New Year, the luge circus stops in Königssee (GER) and Sigulda (LAT). After the World Championships, the season continues in Altenberg and Oberhof (both GER) before moving on to Sochi (RUS).
1. VIESSMANN World Cup Innsbruck (AUT) 24/25 November 2018
2. VIESSMANN World Cup Whistler (CAN) 30 November/1 December 2018
3. VIESSMANN World Cup Calgary (CAN) 7/8 December 2018
4. VIESSMANN World Cup Lake Placid (USA) 14/15 December 2018
5. VIESSMANN World Cup Berchtesgaden-Königssee 5/6 January 2019
6. VIESSMANN World Cup Sigulda (LAT) 12/13 January 2019
48th FIL Luge World Championships Winterberg 25 to 27 January 2019
7. Viessmann World Cup Altenberg 2/3 February 2019
8. Viessmann World Cup Oberhof 9/10 February 2019
9. VIESSMANN World Cup Sochi (RUS) 23/24 February 2019